[nycbug-talk] using css for printed materals

George Georgalis george
Tue Feb 22 13:15:22 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 07:04:01PM +0100, joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com wrote:

>You can specify a print stylesheet, and you could have content only
>visible for when it prints.
>
>I think what you're asking is if you can control the printing of column
>headers, so they print on every new page. Hmm... that's a tougher one.
>I don't think there's an easy way. I think you're entering into the
>hack/kindof works area.
>
>Here's some good info on Print CSS stuff.
>
>Josh

Yeah. Figured it would be tough, but was hoping there was something
standard to put table header on top of each page for printed
media. (Sounds simple enough).

Not going with sgml right now because I need to get the doc out asap and
I'm not up to speed with sgml. (this might be tough there too)

So for now I'm sticking with html and forsaking the per page table
headers. But I have another problem.  After several sublists my tables

I don't want to break out of the ordered lists, the table belongs
nested, but is there a way to make the table the full width of the
document?

// George

PS was a link for printed CSS info missing?

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org