[nycbug-talk] Mail stress test

Isaac Levy ike
Fri Feb 25 13:23:50 EST 2005

Wordup Steve,

On Feb 25, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Steve Rieger wrote:

> Am trying to see what my servers can hold in the following areas
>
> Max concurrent connections for pop
>
> Max concurrent connections for smtp
>
> Max concurrent connections for imap

Well, not sure if this is what you want, but here's what I'd do-

 From any other servers you have access to, (offsite is best?), I'd whip
up a shell script to do the following:

1) connect to the servers manually using telnet
2) initiate MANY connections in some automated fashon

--
For the record on list, I googled up these notes on connecting to the
mail servers:

Direct connection through IMAP and POP:
http://tinyurl.com/6elh9
-or-
http://mailservices-oldsysadmin.web.cern.ch/mailservices-oldsysadmin/
sysadmin/Operations/telnet_connection.htm

--
So I'd just write some scripts that connect manually to accounts, and
run them in big batches from remote machines-

Sorry I'm don't have a complete solution, but I hope this is at least a
helpful start-

Rocket-
.ike