[nycbug-talk] php conflict from ports

Dan Langille dan
Wed Jan 12 16:54:11 EST 2005

On 12 Jan 2005 at 16:40, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > Try lang/php4
>
> I'll second that.  I just did a big jump on a bunch of machines and moved
> to that port.  Once it's done, it's much much easier to keep up to date
> than working from source.

Also consider lang/php4-extensions.  That contains all your
PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc extensions.  Once you specify your extensions,
they remain until you do a make rmconfig.  To add/remove something
from your existing choices, run make config.  All very nice.

> The recent split of all the Pear and php extensions is a pain to start
> with, but ongoing very nice (assuming you're familiar with portupgrade,
> esp. the "-b" switch).

Never used that.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/