[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

Brad Schonhorst bschonhorst
Tue Jan 18 12:23:53 EST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 11:54 AM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> So I've got a hardware question some folks here may find fun.
>
> I'm looking to replace my home-office soho type router.  For a long
> time I've used an ADSL 'router' provided by my ISP, which basically
> does NAT and DHCP, and does it quite simply and reliably.  With that,
> this thing is aging, and perhaps dying after a few years of solid
> service- and I'm looking at options...
>
> Biggest requirement: the router must simply run, with as little
> ike-interaction as possible, as not to disrupt my other regular work.

Although not as professional looking as a little Soekris, you could
just use an old (reliable) PC and drop a few ethernet cards in and run
OpenBSD without spending the time prepping the Soekris stuff (CF I
assume)

-brad