[nycbug-talk] Check out new minimac :)

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Jan 19 08:31:19 EST 2005

Regurgitating this for the Record on this thread,

On Jan 13, 2005, at 9:23 PM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Yeah- on that note actually, I was looking at the RAM prices for it-
> 1gb stick seems WAY the heck overpriced from Apple- I'm wondering if
> 3rd party ram is kosher and available for the little rig?
> (i.e. add 1gb from apple, +$425 whereas pricewatch gets the same specs
> ram for around $95 - BIG difference...)
>
> I'd assume that a stick of 'PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SRAM' simply is what
> it is... quality is always an issue though, but(?)...

Thanks slasdhdot for posting links to 'cracking open a Mac mini safely'
(remember, it DOES void AppleCare):

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/05/01/19/036200.shtml?
tid=174&tid=137&tid=99&tid=3

--
The links from the article, for the record:

http://www.smashsworld.com/2005/01/taking-apart-mac-mini-how-to.php
700kb Quicktime How-To movie:
http://www.smashsworld.com/2005/01/taking-apart-mac-mini-how-to.php
http://www.mini-itx.com/news/13909018/