[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz
Wed Jan 19 10:10:37 EST 2005

On 1/18/2005 9:10 PM, Brant I. Stevens wrote:
> I'd recommend a Linksys WRT54GS...  Drop the default firmware and use
> OpenWRT, though it is based on the L-word.
> http://www.openwrt.org

Violates the requirement to have as little interaction as possible. Use
the WRT54GS as it stands; it's a fine little box.

Really, with the COTS boxes, you spend more time simply removing the
wrapping than you do with setup. They're deny all inbound by default,
permit all outbound, and Just Work.

And they're cheaper than the soekris units.

Like I said before, if you're the type who buys tobacco and rolling
papers, build. Else, buy.

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman        jbaltz at omnipod.com    +1 646 230 8750
Thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.