[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

Brad Schonhorst bschonhorst
Thu Jan 20 10:54:38 EST 2005

On Jan 19, 2005, at 12:04 PM, G. Rosamond wrote:

>>> Sure.  But the point of NYC*BUG, to me at least, should be to pool
>>> some of our skills and resources so we can do things like run a
>>> Soekris box without having to start from square one.
>>>
>>> sysadmins<->devs
>>> newusers<->old hacks
>>>
>>> The idea would be to make it easier for those who *do* want to run
>>> Soekris as a firewall at home without too much effort.
>>>
>>> I'd envision this:
>>>
>>> You download and copy to your CF card.
>>>
>>> Plug it in.
>>>
>>> Use it.
>>
>> Shall we rock this?
>>

> I would love to, and have the basic setup ready, including pfstat,
> etc., but really don't have the time.
>
> volunteers?
>
> I know a number of nycbug people, like Kurt M., Okan D., Pete W.,
> etc., have had some Soekris fun.  I'm sure they have some input into
> the matter, if not volunteering.

First off, I think this is a great idea and would love to help test or
whatever I can do.  My question is how would this be different from:

flashdist
http://www.nmedia.net/~chris/soekris/

opensoekris
http://opensoekris.sourceforge.net/