[nycbug-talk] [OT] FreeBSD 5.4 crashing?

David Rio Deiros driodeiros
Fri Jul 1 16:42:29 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:43:31PM -0400, Matt Juszczak wrote:
> >And that leads me to what I really wanted to tell you. Perhaps it is
> >not going to help you but.... Have you considered NetBSD? I warranty,
> >at least, that you won't get such a nasty emails from the mailing
> >list.
>
> I'd like to consider that as well.  Just as fast and stable?

I cannot confirm the stability on SMP systems, but check out this
paper. I know performance and stability over single cpu systems
is very good. Actually, check out this paper:

http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/gmcgarry/

Currently we have FreeBSD 5.4 and NetBSD 2.0.2 but still should be
valid. I strongly recommend you to try 2.0.2.

Check the last post from Isaac, he pointed out very interesting stuff
about pf.

> I've been sending emails back and forth between Matt Dillon.  Based on his
> right now until its a bit more developed.

Good to know it.