[nycbug-talk] Stablity fixed??? Maybe???

pete wright nomadlogic
Sun Jul 3 15:24:44 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia.net> wrote:
> > Maybe you filled up the partition that holds /var/mail?
> > It could also be a file lock on the actual mailbox file.
> > Or maybe you're running out of memory and the disk drive
> > is getting hammered by both mail and swapping.
> > Basically, get a hunch of where the problem is and devise
> > some instrumentation to confirm it or rule it out.
> > At the very least, monitor with top(1), systat(1) and friends.
>
> But I couldn't get back into the box :)

so you where not monitoring the system while you where doing the test?
 you could also try running some combo of script+screen or syslog to
get data of system resource usage/interrupt usage etc.  this may give
us more info into what exactly is going on your system when it stops
responding...has the box wedged or are there just a ton of requests
that are starving resources like sshd from responding...

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright