[nycbug-talk] Email providers

Gordon Smith g
Wed Jul 6 10:11:41 EDT 2005

You might want to use a web hosting plan with email support, then put up an
index page and a 404 page and just use the email services.

Check out aplus.net as a web host.  I've purchased domains from their
names4ever.com division for $8 w/o any other related commitments (e.g. no
hosting agreement obligation etc.); their customer service has always been
good to me.  Looks like this plan might do the job -
http://hosting.aplus.net/soloxr.html

A suggestion for selection criteria, no matter who the host is: see if they
have dedicated personnel who monitor spam blacklists to make certain that
your domain/ip address stays off the lists in the event that their server is
used as an open relay - or even if your domain is falsely accused of
spamming.  IMHO this is one of the things that illustrates the difference
between a company that throws together a network and takes their customers'
money vs. a professional service provider.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheers,
Gordon