[nycbug-talk] HUGE process size for httpd

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Jul 13 14:30:03 EDT 2005

Word,

Max- just to confirm your not crazy, your not crazy.  You have a
problem on your hands.

On Jul 13, 2005, at 12:53 PM, max wrote:

> Well, mod_perl isnt being used, and there arent any perl scripts on
> the machine, its all php for anything dynamic.

Could mod_php, PHP, or anything PHP relies on, (zlib?), be compromised?

(I mention zlib because I'm assuming this mem. problem is new, and so
is the zlib vulnerability?)

> I am going to do the server-status thing, see from there.

That should be really useful in tracking this down, also, I've had
good results using ktrace in debugging problems like this too- (I'm
assuming this box is FreeBSD?)   Start a trace, start apache
processes, see what happens...?  (even if the output is overly
verbose and full of useless junk, it'll have paths and useful stuff
to grok for...

> I have a pretty good suspicion it might be mm, i couldnt confirm on
> their site tho, and apparently my google query constructing skill
> sucks.

Muahahahahaha good-stuff for the ways of google-fu:
http://www.google.com/help/operators.html

> Also, I dont think this would be related to the actual server load,
> since the process resident size in memory is 0K, its just sitting
> there waiting for a connection.
> Off to read mm documentation..

My .02?, Good luck man-

Rocket-