[nycbug-talk] crontab woes

N.J. Thomas njt
Tue Jul 19 17:39:16 EDT 2005

* Kevin Reiter <tux at penguinnetwerx.net> [2005-07-19 17:17:36 -0400]:
> I even tried creating a simple script to echo the date to a file and set
> cron to run it every 5 minutes, waited an hour, and nothing (last
> night).  Again, running it manually works fine.

Hmm, that indicates that cron isn't being run properly. But check your
environment first.

Try running something like this:

    0 * * * * /usr/bin/env >> /tmp/foo 2>&1

If it does run, try testing your scripts with the same environment and
see what breaks.

If that doesn't run, then something is definitely wrong, check your
systems logs to see why cron is not running user cronjobs.

Thomas

--
N.J. Thomas
njt at ayvali.org