[nycbug-talk] Multiple Apache Instances?

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Jul 25 15:16:48 EDT 2005

Hi Jonathan,

On Jul 25, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> Has anyone here configured multiple apache instances in freebsd
> using ports?
>
> I can do it from source on linux machine building 2 different trees
> from source, like so:
>     /usr/local/apache2-plain
>     /usr/local/apache2-modperl
>
> but i was hoping on trying to stay in the ports system and using
> the same binaries with different configuration files called at startup
>
> anyone have a pointer?

Just my .02?, but, that feels like a fairly bad idea to me- in
production systems at the least.  I say that because I don't
necessarily trust the many layers of people, tech. that get
intermingled with multiple ports installs of like ports.

However, cleanly separated Apache installs should work out to behave
as expected.

Rocket-
.ike

--
Sidenote- why are you doing this?  Just curious about context...