[nycbug-talk] Dual boot IBM thinkpad T40?

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Tue Jul 26 17:21:36 EDT 2005

On 7/26/05, Freeman, Joshua <j at nybg.org> wrote:
> Marc,
>
> I can see in the Partition Magic window here:
>
> There's IBM_PRELOAD which is NTFS and 33.5MB of which 8MB is used
>
> and
>
> IBM_SERVICE which is FAT and 4.7MB 4.2 of which is used...
>

> So.. what are you saying?  Blowing everything away first?... I did get the recovery disks in the post today...

If you use them it will repartition your drive as it sees fit, it is
not like a normal windows install where it asks you where to put
stuff.  It will grab and repartition your hard drive for you and then
continue on from there.  Or that is what happened to me on my t30 a
few years ago when I used them.  And it hapened right after I got the
sound working, I was pissed.

marc