[nycbug-talk] Soekris OpenVPN and Firewall

Michael Hanulec hanulec
Thu Jun 2 10:15:16 EDT 2005

George..

While I haven't used OpenVPN yet I would recommend looking at either the
Soekris 4801 or the PC Engine Wrap 1 series as they have 266MHz
processors.  There is a review of the PC Engine unit here:

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Reviews-169-ProdID-WRAP1D2.php

W/in the review a problem was showing in how FreeBSD was handling the
network ports on the Soekris box.

I'm currently working with the PC Engine units and OpenBSD to make some 1U
firewall solutions.

-Mike

--
hanulec at hanulec.com		cell: 858.518.2647 && 516.410.4478