[nycbug-talk] development/IP/opensource/freesource articles

Isaac Levy ike
Fri Jun 3 01:21:14 EDT 2005

Hey there,

On Jun 2, 2005, at 12:34 PM, george at rob.us.to wrote:

> Two open/free source related articles below: ying and yang, FSF and
> Open Source, Free Software/Society and Access to Knowledge
>
> -george

> **
>                   FREE SOFTWARE, FREE SOCIETY
> **

<snip>

I'm not meaning to sound rude, but why were these articles posted to
list?  I mean, Open Source stuff is definitely relevant, but it's a bit
much to get some big texts without getting even brief context as to why
they're relevant on this list, so I know why I'd want to read it-
(besides it's sitting staring at me from my inbox, like 100 pieces of
other unread mail...)

I'm not meaning to discourage interesting article re-posts here, but
I'm just groping for context- and I'd think most folks on list have a
lot of info to deal with daily...

Rocket-
.ike