[nycbug-talk] open source HVAC control software

George Georgalis george
Fri Jun 3 11:09:49 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:13:56PM -0400, Freeman, Joshua wrote:

>Our operations department has recently been talking to companies that
>sell systems wherein you have a PC at a centralized location (i.e. NOT
>one of the boiler rooms, but a quiet office somewhere) running software
>which enables you to see and manage all of the different control
>systems set up to manage your HVAC installations.
>
>As I understand it, located near each boiler system is a box with a
>board in it and some kind of onboard storage with an LCD interface
>where you set the thermostat and other controls related to managing the
>system.  This box has an RS485 serial interface.

As far as monitoring goes, the WeatherDuck seems pretty cool, or
possibly the Weathergoose from http://www.itwatchdogs.com/
-- I love these names, anybody try them?

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org