[nycbug-talk] Getting started in Consulting

Michael Shalayeff mickey
Fri Jun 3 16:02:03 EDT 2005

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from swygue:
> I would like some guidance and tips from guys who are consultants in New
> York City. I would like to start marketing my self, but I don't have a clue
> on how to start getting clients of my own. So for questions for the
> veterans.
>
> How did you first get started ?
> How did you get your first client ?
> Where do you look for clients ?
> How do you sell FreeBSD to clients ?

first you need to get a thong.
then you ...

olrite kidding. (;

i think word of a mouth is still the best client mining.
then they usually do not care what os they run.
if they do care then they just do not know there is smth
else except for what they want.

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)