[nycbug-talk] Getting started in Consulting

Francisco Reyes lists
Fri Jun 3 20:33:09 EDT 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Isaac Levy wrote:

> In the
> earliest days I can't say I didn't get royally screwed around here and there,
> but those were all good learning experiences- expect them to happen

I highly recommend a one page "engagement contract" saying that you will
do computer work and that they will pay you X per hour. Specially if
someone is asking for a big project and you have never worked with them.

Next week I plan to go to small claims court and I wish I had done an
engagement contract with that client :-(