[nycbug-talk] Forbes Magazine on Linux and the BSDs. . .

Michael Shalayeff mickey
Fri Jun 17 16:19:48 EDT 2005

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Dan Langille:
> On 17 Jun 2005 at 16:04, Michael Shalayeff wrote:
>
> > Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Dan Langille:
>
> > > Let's use FreeBSD as something I advocate  In my strategy, and the
> > > one I encourage in others, is to show why what I like about FreeBSD.
> > > That should be sufficient.  If that isn't enough to convince people
> > > that FreeBSD is an excellent choice, then I haven't done my advocacy
> > > very well.  I can do that entirely without bad-mouthing another
> > > project.
> >
> > the question was not for presenting openbsd in the best possible
> > light but rather for one particular dude's opinion on linux.
> > so his opinion seems to be -- linux is garbage.
> > you are free to disagree w/ that but you are most certainly
> > not in a position to police his opinion.
>
> I have not commented upon anyone else's opinion.  I have been talking
> about what I do and what I recommend others do.

and what is this:

> > > I'm not so sure if this is really such great publicity.  In my
> > > experience, people who do not already know (in some detail) about BSD
> > > are easily turned off by overly aggressive and deragotive remarks
> > > regarding other OS.

one dude has expressed his opinion and here is another dude
who is expressing his opinion about another dude's opinion.

can you handle the truth at all?

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)