FW: [nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Mon Jun 20 16:16:55 EDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Gordon Smith wrote:

> True. In times of high turnover, quality suffers.
>
> There's also the other side of the coin - what about the people who are
> responsible for the lack of quality?  A lot of mediocre people tried to
> jump onto the "gravy train" when technologists were being paid more.
> They need to be weeded out, and that's a big part of what has been
> happening in the technology workforce since Y2K.  The sad truth is that
> good and talented people have suffered as well as the charlatans.
I don't think so. All my clued friends haven't been out of a job for more
than two weeks in last 5 years.

IMHO, people who were weeded out are ones that shouldn't have been in this
industry in the first place.

-alex