[nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

Francisco Reyes lists
Tue Jun 21 00:21:05 EDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, George R. wrote:

> Do others think there is longeivity in technology?

Yes. Partly because all the outsorcing overseas has prompted less people
into the career. On the long run there will be less people in IT.. and
unless they keep importing workers.. there hopefully will be an increased
demand for experience IT personel.

>  Is anyone taking on of
> those $99 bartender training courses to prepare for the worst? (although
> certainly automation and outsourcing have put bartenders in their sights. .

Not yet.. but may as well.
The one thing I always thought would be safe was healthcare.. till I
watched a special in 60 minutes.. how people are going overseas for
surgery.. paying 1/10th of the cost in US.