[nycbug-talk] newbie: ports into a jail

Dru dlavigne6
Thu Jun 23 12:20:55 EDT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, pete wright wrote:

>> If you have a full os avalable in your jail then just install the
>> ports tree and make your packages and be done with it.  You can always
>> remove ports when you are done.
>>

> also, I would check out Dru's BSDHacks book.  There is a section in
> there on installing a Port w/o a port tree which seems ideally suited
> for a jail environment.  I think it's hack #82.

Since that hack, I've discovered porteasy which I now prefer. I gave a
how-to on keeping a system up-to-date with minimal stuff installed at
meetBSD in Poland (sorry, didn't get into jails in this how-to). If NYCBUG
is interested in hosting the PDF, I can send it for inclusion in the Library.
Just tell me who to send the attachment to.

Dru