[nycbug-talk] Re: pkgsrc on FreeBSD

George Georgalis george
Sun Jun 26 15:26:57 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 10:46:42PM +0000, Jed Davis wrote:
>In article <20050624211731.GA20205 at ixeon.local>,
>George Georgalis <george at galis.org> wrote:
>> gcc -g -O2 -I. -I./.. -I. -I.. -I./../libedit  -I./../libnetbsd -c chared.c
>> In file included from chared.c:36:
>> ./../tnftp.h:316: error: conflicting types for 'dirname'
>> /usr/include/libgen.h:39: error: previous declaration of 'dirname' was here
>> ./../tnftp.h:316: error: conflicting types for 'dirname'
>> /usr/include/libgen.h:39: error: previous declaration of 'dirname' was here
>[]
>
>This looks a lot like something I saw on tech-pkg at netbsd a couple weeks
>ago, in the context of OS X: the configure script was expecting dirname
>to be defined in libgen.{a,so,dylib,whatever} or not be present at all;
>instead it was defined in libc and declared in libgen.h, with results
>pretty much like the above.  I don't recall what happened to it as far a
>committed fix, though.

That sounds like more details on the same problem. Thanks, I was really
concerned that I was missing something when bootstrap wouldn't complete
on a virgin FreeBSD 4.5! ;-)

A patch has been committed and it worked on my last attempt...

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org