[nycbug-talk] [OT] FreeBSD 5.4 crashing?

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep
Thu Jun 30 19:53:00 EDT 2005

Matt,

On Jun 30, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Matt Juszczak wrote:

> I am fairly certain it isn't a hardware issue.  We have replaced
> the RAM with new RAM, and its happening constantly on two different
> boxes, with two different hardware setups completely.  Makes me
> think it isn't the hardware.

What kind of hardware is it? If it's a vendor built machine, have you
tried running the diag tests from the vendor?  Our machines are
pretty much dell, which you can either install the diag tests on a
partition or make three floppy boot disks (unfortunately no cd, as of
yet).

Have you tried running http://www.memtest86.com ?

When you said it's SMP, is it Hyperthreaded?  I doubt it would be
causing the crashes, but you could try disabling that to see if it
helps.

-Bjorn