[nycbug-talk] need help asap, will pay, ms vpn client

George Georgalis george
Tue Mar 1 18:04:08 EST 2005

I'm past urgency stage, an external audit is coming up and I must finish
documentation in addition to other technical issues.

A while back this situation was discussed here. But connecting to the
linksys rv042 vpn by ipsec has been elusive. Everybody consulted says it
should work and/or be easy.

I need help with determining the most simple, but reliable, documented
procedure (for non techies) for configuring M$ clients to use the vpn
tunnel to access a private lan. Bonus bucks for documenting the Linux
procedure.

The clients must access the private lan of the rv042 linksys router,
from behind their standard isp nat firewall, on a dhcp ISP connection.
(eg behind soho firewall on cablemodem).

Already setup is some fancy routing to give privileged access to the lan
side of the vpn device. So you can work from home and have both sides of
he device at your disposal.

You are free to use 3rd party software, such as this vpn client
http://www.thegreenbow.com/vpn.html (trial license available) which we
seem to be able to use to get 99% there, still having problems with
finishing the tunnel.

Needed it before last week. If you've done this before, and are
interested in helping finish, please contact me off list with your
terms.

Thanks,
// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org