[nycbug-talk] enterprise bsd

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep
Wed Mar 9 22:49:20 EST 2005

On Mar 8, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Paul Dlug wrote:
> We're using radmind, http://www.radmind.org or
> /usr/ports/sysutils/radmind to distribute changes to systems. It's a
> mechanism for layering filesystem changes. This works out really well
> as a total system management solution, we're using it to distribute
> the full OS, OS upgrades, packages and configuration files.
>
> I've been managing systems using radmind for over a year now without
> any problems. It's also great for disaster recovery, just
> backup/replicate your radmind server and you're done.

This sounds like what I was looking for.  Do you have any tips for
using this?  I was thinking about just having this to update freebsd
core and some etc files and then use portupgrade to update added
programs from ports.  Do you know of any good resources for this?
Exclude list repositories?

Thanks,
Bjorn