[nycbug-talk] preferred home office 'net connection

pete wright pete
Fri Mar 11 18:09:41 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 18:10 -0500, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2005, at 5:41 PM, pete wright wrote:

> >> Not at all!  Covad now has "naked dsl" which is dedicated pair ADSL
> >> that
> >> does not require an existing POTS line.  The pair is used exclusively
> >> for
> >> DSL (much like SDSL).
> >
> > thanks again charles,
> > 	I think the ISP i've been checking out requires me to have a POTS line
> > for service, well i know they do because I just asked.  I'm checking
> > out
> > Covad now...it's a shame that I may not be able to go through a local
> > outfit.  altho the prices from covad are not too bad....the plot
> > thikens ;)
>
> Most of the time they require you to have a POTS line for
> installation.. you can ditch it once the service is activated.

just spoke with covad and they can do it w/o any POTS which is nice,
altho now charles has we worrying about the support they provide ;)
i've checked out a couple local guy's here and they all seemed quite
skeezy, except for labridge but alas they require a phone line (think
they just resell verizon) and they are more expensive that covad.  ok,
time to go searching again...

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~