[nycbug-talk] BSD torrents?

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Sat Mar 12 12:27:31 EST 2005

lists at natserv.com wrote:

> Any ideas which ones are most popular?

i386 should be by far the most popular, but amd64, macppc, sparc,
sparc64, sgimips, and alpha should also see a fair number of requests.

i386 also has a live CD and an image with binary third-party packages
(i386pkg.iso.torrent), which probably are also quite popular.

> Went back and downloaded from 2.X again. Am I correct on thinking the 2.X
> branch is more active? Is the 1.X still fairly active?

2.0 is the last stable release, so I'd expect this one to be the more
popular branch.  1.6.x is still supported, and while there clearly are a
large number of people who use it in production use, I would expect
downloads for new ISOs to be mainly requests for the new release.

(Of course, I'm just speculating, here.  I haven't looked at the actual
ftp stats.)

> I find helping with Torrents has to be one of the easiest way to
> contribute to a project. :-)

Much appreciated!

Another easy way to contribute is by providing or helping with
documentation.  And of course we have
http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/howto.html for other ideas... :-)

-Jan

--