[nycbug-talk] serial console help?

Dave Steinberg dave-dated-1111941201.02d162
Sun Mar 20 11:33:16 EST 2005

>>Ah well, that was probably like 6 hours today.  But at least I've got
>>the wiring diagram right, and oddly enough I had a lot of fun doing it.
>>

> Keep those notes.  Every 2 or 3 years you will have to do the
> same thing for some odd reason.  Just long enough to have
> forgotten the details you've just uncovered.

That's a good point to make.  One of the only reasons I was able to make
the first adapter so quickly (nevermind the 5.5 hours of debugging
afterwards) was b/c I had in my little box of serial joy the notes which
mapped the RJ45 pin numbers to the modular plug colors.

Those LED debuggers really make a difference.

Regards,
--
Dave Steinberg
http://www.geekisp.com/