[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Adaptec AAC raid support

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Mar 21 15:59:04 EST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 3:48 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> FWIW, my main FreeBSD development box runs an Adaptec 2400A (4 x 80GB
> IDE drives) giving me RAID-5.  I've not seen any problems.

To add to that- I'm running two of the sata version of that card,
2400SA (4x 80gb SATA doing RAID-5, and the other 2x 80gb SATA-
mirrored), and they've been quiet and solid with FreeBSD 4.9 and .10 so
far.  (my aaccli complaints are just whining, really- I like the cards
just fine.)

I do understand that the FreeBSD aac driver does contain that Adaptec
driver blob, totally different design than the OpenBSD aac right, (back
to the start of this thread); secret sauce...  It works, but it does
make me feel all dirty now. :)

Rocket-
.ike