[nycbug-talk] ThinkPads

George R. george
Thu Mar 24 11:16:22 EST 2005

On Mar 24, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Okan Demirmen wrote:

> On Thu 2005.03.24 at 10:06 -0500, George R. wrote:
>> So I should be making the ThinkPad move in the next week.  Probably
>> T42.
>>
>> I would love to hear some feedback on wireless support and the other
>> features, such as the fingerprint reader.  Anyone played with that on
>> BSD?
>
> i *know* you of all people did, but check dmesgd ;) check to see

Now *that's* insight OD.   .. .yeah, there's nothing on the T-series
ThinkPads.

I'm interested in hearing feedback from those who are actually using a
BSD on ThinkPads. . . ;-'

> what the deal is with the irda and sd slot, which may or may not
> get in the way of the fingerprint reader. in general, i'd say the
> thinkpads are great for any flavor of bsd. i've got 3 of them (old
> ones), but i'm looking at getting an x40 for myself soon.
>
> not much of anwser to your question though...

It was an earnest start. . .

There is scattered info on the internet of course. . . but if anyone
has any experience, please chime in. . .

I just installed FBSD 5.3 on a T42 for a buddy dual booting with WinXP,
but didn't get a chance to do much configuration beyond the basic
install.

George