[nycbug-talk] Newspaper on 'hackers'

pete wright nomadlogic
Fri Mar 25 14:00:29 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:37:03 -0500, George R. <george at sddi.net> wrote:
> Better stop playing with GENERIC, that's all I can say:
>
> http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/231738-6957-021.html

here's a greate quote:

"This vandalism costs companies nearly $2,000 a year per employee --
$15 billion total -- in lost productivity. It forces individual users
to invest in protective software, clogs the Internet, leads to
identity theft, and creates a monumental headache for computer users,
retarding the growth of legitimate commerce."

I like how they go from $2000 per employee to $15billion in total with
out ever stating one source, where they get these numbers from or what
"$15 billion total" means.  Ahh...gotta love Op Ed. news.

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright