[nycbug-talk] TSearch2 install

Matthew Terenzio matt
Fri Mar 25 19:15:43 EST 2005

I'm a bit new with FreeBSD here. Software installation is so easy,
maybe it's TOO easy.

Perhaps I'll take this to the postgres list but I wanted to ask if it
was FreeBSD related first.

Anyone have any experience with TSearch2 and Postgres 7.3.

I have a working Postgres installation and TSearch2 is a postgresql
contrib, so I installed that Port.
Seemed fine.

When I try:

$ psql database < tsearch2.sql
SET
BEGIN
'pg_ts_dict_pkey' for table 'pg_ts_dict'
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so failed:
dlopen '/usr/local/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so' failed.
(/usr/local/lib/postgresql/tsearch2.so: Undefined symbol
"errcode_for_file_access")
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transaction block

tsearch2.so is indeed in that directory and available permission-wise

what might Undefined symbol "errcode_for_file_access") mean?
But ultimately my question is just "Has anyone successfully installed
TSearch2 on FreeBSD?"

Thanks,

Matt