[nycbug-talk] PXEBoot NetBSD

pete wright nomadlogic
Thu Mar 31 12:36:03 EST 2005

Ok I've been hacking on getting my soekris boxen running NetBSD via
pxebooting.  The only doc I've found on the net is in relation to
pxebooting --> mounting root via NFS.  Ideally i'd like to do
pxeboot-->install.  Has anyone here done something similiar.  Here's
the main doc i've been following:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/

I can get tftp to dole out the PXE image, but then I believe it
expects a NetBSD kernel and root filesystem to boot.  I am more
familiar with doing this on OpenBSD where they have a prebuild pxe
install image available.  Am I missing something obvious here, or
should I just go with NetBooting a base system then dd'ing it to my
Flash drive?

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~