[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD upgrade

Jay Savage daggerquill
Thu May 5 09:40:11 EDT 2005

On 5/5/05, michael <lists at genoverly.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I will be bringing a headless, cd-less sun netra box up from OpenBSD 3.5
> to 3.6. Does anyone have any advice in addition to...
>
> http://openbsd.org/faq/upgrade36.html
>
> Michael

Micheal,

That depends on how your server is configured.  My gut reaction is to
say skip 3.6 completely and install 3.7 when it becomes available for
download on the 19th.  If you really want to get moving on it, order a
CD--they're already shipping--and mount it from somewhere else.
There's no clean upgrade path from 3.6 to 3.7, but assuming you've got
a sane partition scheme, just make backups of your config files and
install over everything except your dtata partitions.  The obsd
upgrade procedure basically boils down to 'rm -rf; install;
mergemaster' anyway.

--jay