[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD packages

pete wright nomadlogic
Wed May 25 14:27:21 EDT 2005

On 5/25/05, Josh McCormack <joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com> wrote:
> I read a comment recently that the OpenBSD 3.7 packages are not up to
> date and require older libraries, that ports should be used. Will be
> installing 3.7 tonight, so would like to know if others find this to be
> true or false.

Hi Josh,
     In what way did that post refer to the 3.7 packages being out of
date?  Was this used in relation an upgrade from one release to
another?  If you are doing a fresh install, the packages are most
likely the way to go; that is unless you have specific modifications
you want to make to how a package is compiled then port is there for
you.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~