[nycbug-talk] out of band

Charles Sprickman spork
Fri Nov 11 16:58:40 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, michael wrote:

> I'm looking for a small, out of band, console server solution.  The
> cyclades boxen are prohibitively expensive and overkill for my needs.
>
> First, I was going to try to give purpose to an old Sun Netra T 105
> running OpenBSD. Can anyone recommend a 4 port serial pci card?

Paul Vixie said ISC runs these things:

http://www.usbgear.com/computer_cable_details.cfm?sku=USB-16COM-RM&cats=199&catid=493%2C494%2C474%2C199%2C461%2C106%2C1009%2C601

There are also smaller versions that are pretty cheap.  Pair this with a
small, cheap server (perhaps one of your existing servers) and you're good
to go.  They've also got DB9-DB9 null modem cables for about $2.