[nycbug-talk] tracking for multiple machines

Bjorn Nelson o_sleep
Thu Nov 17 12:03:58 EST 2005

NYCBuggers,

I noticed that this page was recently created in the handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/small-lan.html

I have been looking for an official document about this for a while,
and it's great to finally see one where it should be.  My question,
is there a way to prevent client machines from running a make
installworld while a make buildworld is being run on the host
machine.  I guess I could just touch a file in /usr/src and then
alter the Makefile on the clients to look for this file, and fail if
it's present, but I wondered what others have done about this.

Thanks,
Bjorn Nelson