[nycbug-talk] OpenOffice 2.0 on FreeBSD 6.0 Build Failure (gconf2)

Kevin Reiter tux
Tue Nov 29 15:08:51 EST 2005

George R. wrote:
> Kevin Reiter wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I'm attempting to install OpenOffice.org 2.0 in FreeBSD 6.0.  I didn't
>> have any problems until after getting Java installed, when it moved
>> onto gconf2:
>>
>> ===>   openoffice.org-2.0.0_1 depends on shared library: gconf-2.5 -
>> not found
>> ===>    Verifying install for gconf-2.5 in /usr/ports/devel/gconf2
>> ===>  gconf2-2.12.1 is marked as broken: Unknown component ltverhack.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gconf2.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> I ran a cvsup last night, so the ports tree is recent as of then.
>>
>> Does anyone know a workaround/fix/suggestion for this?  I have
>> portaudit installed, which is what I'm guessing is stopping the build,
>> although I could be wrong.  Is there a way to bypass the check for
>> this if that's the case?
>

> I dealt with this a while ago, and think I had to manually delete gconf2
> (and maybe other dependencies as this happened), and let OOo reinstall
> on its own.
>
> That's my usual procedure on the rare happening that a port doesn't
> install right.
>
> can't wait for the OOo2 pkg to be out. . .

kevin at zeus [~]$ pkg_info | grep gconf2
kevin at zeus [~]$ pkg_info | grep gconf
pkgconfig-0.17.2    A utility to retrieve information about installed libraries
kevin at zeus [~]$

I'd delete it if it were installed, but it ain't..

Yeah, I'm with you on the pacjage for it, although I don't normally use packages,
but for this and a few others, I'd jump on 'em.

--
It said "use Linux 2.4 kernel or better" so I installed FreeBSD.  Now everything
runs better.  Why didn't they just tell me to do that to begin with?