[nycbug-talk] Another bild problem (Thunderbird 1.0.7)

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Nov 29 15:12:12 EST 2005

On 11/29/05, Kevin Reiter <tux at penguinnetwerx.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Another build problem, this time with Thunderbird:
>
> ===>   thunderbird-1.0.7_1 depends on shared library: gtk-x11-2.0.600 - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for gtk-x11-2.0.600 in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20
> ===>  gtk-2.8.8 is marked as broken: Unknown component ltverhack.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
>
> I'm seeing the same thing for bild build fails: "Unknown component ltverhack"
>
> Googling for this only returned a bunch of pages on freshports.org
>
> Note that I _do_not_ have Gnome installed (and won't if I can avoid it)...
>
> Kev

Yea, it looks like there is something broken in gtk that the ports
team does not want to install.  couple things you can try:

1) install a thunderbird binary from pkg's
2) cvsup your ports tree and install the offending gtk20 toolkits by
hand before doing the thunderbird install.

I think there is a way to you can force the port to duild, but i would
not go that route as I'm sure it's flagged as broken for a good reason
;)

-p