[nycbug-talk] Another bild problem (Thunderbird 1.0.7)

Kevin Reiter tux
Tue Nov 29 16:07:12 EST 2005

Kevin Reiter wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Another build problem, this time with Thunderbird:
>
> ===>   thunderbird-1.0.7_1 depends on shared library: gtk-x11-2.0.600 -
> not found
> ===>    Verifying install for gtk-x11-2.0.600 in
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20
> ===>  gtk-2.8.8 is marked as broken: Unknown component ltverhack.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/thunderbird.
>
> I'm seeing the same thing for bild build fails: "Unknown component
> ltverhack"
>
> Googling for this only returned a bunch of pages on freshports.org
>
> Note that I _do_not_ have Gnome installed (and won't if I can avoid it)...

Looks like the cvsup I just ran using ports-all did the trick.  Thunderbird hasn't
puked yet (although I had to "make deinstall | make reinstall" a few ports to get
the updated versions) but sofar it's passed the point of previous failure.

Looks like I'll be editing my supfile tonight to see what's been added since 5.x,
since that's what seems to have caused the problem.

--
It said "use Linux 2.4 kernel or better" so I installed FreeBSD.  Now everything
runs better.  Why didn't they just tell me to do that to begin with?