[nycbug-talk] Another bild problem (Thunderbird 1.0.7)

Dru dlavigne6
Tue Nov 29 18:08:16 EST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 04:09:38PM -0500, George R. wrote:
>> Kevin Reiter wrote:
>>>>

>> there's really no reason for not having ports-all in your cvsup file.  I mean,
>> we're talking how many meg for /polish /portuguese, etc?
>

> I agree with the concept but not the practice anymore.  :)
>
> That is, I agree, I don't use refuse files anymore, because they'll mess
> up a portupgrade of something or another.  However, these days, I just
> use portsnap.   I've found it to be much quicker.  Well, ok, not MUCH
> quicker, but quicker.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I started using porteasy on my servers in
2004 and liked it so much I switched all my desktops over from full ports
tree to bare bones minimal. And I'm a cvsup/portupgrade junkie who
needs her daily fix :-)

As for packages/ports? My routine is this:

porteasy -u some/path
grep WITH some/path/Makefile

If there aren't any WITH | WITHOUTs that I feel compelled to compile in,
"pkg_add -r" it is.

I just noticed a new port which looks interesting enough to put on my
"gotta try this if I ever get a spare moment" list:

sysutils/pkg-orphan

Cheers,

Dru