[nycbug-talk] Oracle 10g on FreeBSD 6.0

Steve Rieger steve.rieger
Wed Nov 30 14:36:10 EST 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 1:56 PM, Okan Demirmen wrote:

> On Wed 2005.11.30 at 13:49 -0500, Anthony Elizondo wrote:
>> I don't believe there is a good how-to for installing Oracle 10g on
>> FreeBSD 6.0. I will venture to make one.
>
> if this exercise is for educational purposes, go for it. however, for
> anything that you ever so slightly care about, i would advise against
> oracle+freebsd, or heck oracle+linux on most days.

you need to install linux compat,

i once did it on oracle 9, and never again

--
Steve Rieger
Cell      646-335-8915

if ((light eq dark) && (dark eq light)
    && ($blaze_of_night{moon} == black_hole)
    && ($ravens_wing{bright} == $tin{bright})){
  my $love = $you = $sin{darkness} + 1;
};

I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a
man who had no feet.

Biker Blue