[nycbug-talk] Oracle 10g on FreeBSD 6.0

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Wed Nov 30 15:24:21 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:
> On Wed 2005.11.30 at 13:49 -0500, Anthony Elizondo wrote:
> > I don't believe there is a good how-to for installing Oracle 10g on
> > FreeBSD 6.0. I will venture to make one.
>
> if this exercise is for educational purposes, go for it. however, for
> anything that you ever so slightly care about, i would advise against
> oracle+freebsd, or heck oracle+linux on most days.

seconded.  use postgres it rocks.  Now if you must use oracle,
whatever version, for real work put it on a supported platform period.
 Since you are paying the licence/support fees you might as well be
able to use them.

The absolutly last thing you want to hear from oracle is "we do not
support that configuration."  when you need support.

marc