[nycbug-talk] java/batik problems

Charles Sprickman spork
Fri Oct 7 20:45:36 EDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, pete wright wrote:

> On 10/7/05, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
>>
>> http://callflow.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> No jre for 1.3 for 5.x, then the jdk build ate up all my free space, and
>> now this with "batik". Tried the package as well, but it does not like
>> the revisions of some of the dependancies.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Looks like an Out Of Memory error...which may be due to some wierness with
> the JRE. How much RAM is on this guy? Would it be possible to build it on
> another host with more RAM as a portable package?

It's got 256MB, and it's normally a tertiary desktop.  But X is not
running at the moment, so most of the memory is unused.

I may be able to dig up another 5.x, but I'm leery about letting the jdk
install all the crap it needs to build (need linux compat, linux_base,
OpenMotif, and a whole laundry list of other stuff).  If I could avoid
that, I'd be happy.

Thanks,

Charles