[nycbug-talk] PostgreSQL on BSD

Francisco Reyes lists
Tue Oct 11 21:43:54 EDT 2005

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, michael wrote:

> Over the past week I have installed PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on:
> OpenBSD -current 	(packages)
> FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE	(ports)
>
> The install goes well, but each time.. the initdb failed.

> Has anyone else run into this problem?  And have you had any success
> running PostgreSQL in a FreeBSD jail or OpenBSD chroot?

Although I don't have an answer I do know someone who may know.. The folks
at hub.org/postgresql inc.. run lots and lots of jails (Marc the owner has
several times bumped into issues due to the number of jails and has posted
on the postgreSQL lists).

If you write to the postgreSQL general list you probably will get some
more feedback in the matter too..