[nycbug-talk] Net-SNMP

Steve Rieger steve.rieger
Wed Oct 12 13:17:34 EDT 2005

why do trapping when you can use mrtg

On Oct 12, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I'm re-evaluating SNMP tools (primarily for trapping) right now for
> different deployments, CoLo and local network, and I'd like to
> settle on one to use long-term.  Anyone have any recommendations?
> Loves/Hate any in particular?
>
> I'm not interested in a big app which does SNMP trapping, (Nagios/
> NetSaint, Big Brother, etc...), used all that stuff in the past-
> not too exited.
>
> I'm looking for simple shell tools and daemons, with clean, simple
> interfaces.  Bells and whistles are just going to be stripped off
> and tossed in the bitbucket...
>
> --
> So far I'm going to try Net-SNMP,
>
> http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/
>
> Which looks to have a lot of other tools wrapped around it,
> including this Python module,
>
> http://yapsnmp.sourceforge.net/intro.html
>
> --
> Any good experiences, urls?
>
> Rocket-
> .ike

Steve Rieger
Cell      646-335-8915
Office   212 804 1131
Fax       212 804 1200
AIM      chozrim
Yahoo riegersteve
ICQ 53956607

if ((light eq dark) && (dark eq
light)
   If light were dark and dark were light
    && ($blaze_of_night{moon} ==
black_hole)                                                The moon a
black hole in the blaze of night
    && ($ravens_wing{bright} == $tin{bright}))
{                                                  A raven's wing as
bright as tin
  my $love = $you = $sin{darkness} +
1;                                                            A
raven's wing as bright as tin
};

I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a
man who had no feet.

Biker Blue