[nycbug-talk] Suddenly the Dungeon collapses!! - You die...

George Georgalis george
Wed Oct 19 11:25:32 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:07:38AM -0401, Okan Demirmen wrote:
>On Wed 2005.10.19 at 11:03 -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>> I've come across this message before, and thought the box was compromised.
>> Today I've come across it again, but managed to find it in the source --
>> it's not so bad as it sounds...
>>
>> What are your thoughts about putting such error messages in code?
>
>can you please provide some context?
>
>btw, i think it's funny.

yeah it's funny, if it doesn't make you think you are cracked.
it's in the screen attach.c code, when it first happened, I
couldn't attach to a prior session and really thought I was
compromised. Didn't think it was funny at the time, don't recall
finding anything in google about it.

This time I was doing some really unusual stuff with screen and
that source was the first place I looked. I only wish the fail to
attach error message was more specific...

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org