[nycbug-talk] Suddenly the Dungeon collapses!! - You die...

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Oct 19 13:18:37 EDT 2005

Niiiiiiiiice,

On Oct 19, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Ray Lai wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:32:16AM -0400, Isaac Levy wrote:
>

>> Well,
>>
>> On Oct 19, 2005, at 11:25 AM, George Georgalis wrote:
>>

>>> screen attach.c code
>>>

>> It's screen.  It's gnu.  They do that kind of stuff.
>> Love it or leave it (for a nonexistent alternative?)
>>

> http://dtach.sourceforge.net/
>
> Only supports the detach/attach feature of screen, but doesn't
> mangle screens as much as screen does.  It's good for having one
> permanent session (irc) but tedious for multiplexing too many
> sessions at once.
>
> Definitely useful for something like irssi, mutt, or anything else
> that uses a lot of colors.  Screen messes that up a lot.

Always happy to learn something new every day- (and this time, I
don't even deserve it, for I was whining and jabbing...), regardless
dtach looks *nice* and light.  I'm going to give it a go now...

Thx!

Rocket-
.ike